View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Thank you ladies!

Thank you for your answers, yes I think you are probably right, that the prolapses are not part of the FM (just more bad luck!!) with all the reading I have done I have found no evidence that it is part of FM but I thought it would be good to check with some FM sufferers - a lot of you have had it for longer than me and been reading for longer than me too, so I appreciate your advice. I saw my Neurologist today who is pretty sure that it is not part of FM too, but have decided to meanwhile postpone the surgery till I can find a gyno that will operate through the tummy which will give less chance of upsetting the nerves as the Neurologist recommended.

Also have just found out I have a Tarlov Cyst on S2 which may be referring a lot of pain down that way - so seeing a Neurosurgeon about that next week.

It's always good to shop around, to get opinions from other FM'ers and be happy with the Drs you choose. I feel as if I have a little bit more control over this crazy body by doing so!!

The challenge after the op will be to be able to have this body heal - can't lift anything heavy for weeks - but EVERYTHING is heavy to me!!!

Talk soon,

Mel from Sydney
Melinda Page is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote