View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Update!

Hello everyone,

Well, after seeing some marked improvement this summer with just myofascial and cranial sacral work, including going from a grip strength of 12 pounds to almost 30, I've decided to put off my first rib removal and scalenectomy for the time being. Unfortunately, I've been in a flareup since late last week and am now wondering if I made the correct choice. Rib movalization in PT irritated me, then I packed some small stuff for a move over the weekend and now I'm regretting it. I've been referred to pain management for a scalene block, but I've recently found that I do have tight pectoral minor muscles, plus restricted movement of my first and second ribs especially on the right side, so I might have a pectoral minor block performed first. Unfortunately, I live in Duluth, Minnesota and there might not be any physician here that performs these regularly.

One of the other reasons I decided to put off the surgery is that I'm moving to a condo the first week of September, also the same week I start graduate school. The condo is actually cheaper than this house, plus they do all of the lawn and snow removal which are two things I can no longer do. I'm really looking forward to the condo, though not the actual move itself. Some parts of me think that maybe I should've just had the first surgery and be done with it, but then I might not of found out about my tight pectoral muscles in time, or been off the pain killers in time for school. Argh, what an awful decision to have to make when there never is enough time.

Anyway, that's my update...

Best wishes to you all!
Melissa
MelissaLH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote