Thread: roni
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 10:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile roni

Hi everyone, I have just joined this forum. I think this is the place for some answers for me. I fell on my birthday in May and landed on the back of my head. I was unconscious for around 2 minutes or so I was told. I don't remember any on this. Got up the next morning went to church, started getting dizzy when standing up to sing, still not knowing what had happened. When I got back to my sisters, she asked how I was feeling and I said "did something happen because I am really dizzy", she then told me my bar stool fell backwards with me and it was probably about a 5 foot fall. She said I was pushing myself back to get up and the bar stool was only balanced on 1 leg and I went over. This was at her house, after a bridal shower. Then I started getting nausuase and vomiting. Went to bed, and the next morning I had a black eye, which scared us since I hit the back of my head not the front. So off to the emergency room, had the ct scan which they said was normal but Dr. said I had a moderate to severe concussion. I took it easy for 3 days then came home. I never had a bad headache, but noticed I could'nt smell anything! And I still can't. It has been almost 3 months, and so I can't taste much either. I still get dizzy and have had 3 really angry outburst to my husband which is just not like me at all. Sorry this is long, but I don't know if I should see a doctor or just wait for everything to get better.
Thanks for listening,
Roni
roni is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote