View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 07:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Andrea. I am Heather, mom to Jack and Megan. At the old BT, I was hedda... but I changed with this. I wanted a new user name anyway.

Megan was dxed with hydro at our 20 week ultrasound. She has had 2 shunt infections, a failed ETV, and in about 2 weeks we are going to celebrate her 2 year shunt-a-versary!!! She also has seizures. They are long and one sided... so I am starting to notice a definite preference as to which side she uses on a daily basis. She is really starting to walk now... but isn't consistent at all. I am dreaming of the day I don't have to carry her everywhere because she is about 40 lbs of determined 2 year old... which means my back hurts! And, as much as I want her to be a girly girl, she HATES dresses, hair things, shoes or socks, and would rather be just in her diaper (or naked) playing in the dirt.

I am a preschool teacher and college student. My husband is a security guard for a college, and Jack is a funny little man. He hates bugs, but wants to go hunting with his daddy. He talks ALL the time (even in his sleep) and wanted to go to kindergarten this year.... at the "old" age of 3. He is also the best defender of Megan unless she is touching his stuff.

Just a question... have you checked to see if you qualify for Medicaid? I know that Medicaid is a big hassle, but if it can get you at least some coverage so you can get some of this checked out, it might be worth it... when my dh was the only one working, we "made too much money" for Medicaid.... I was just amazed that a family of 4 was supposed to survive on $12/hour... 40 hours/week. Crazy. Anyway, just a thought.

Heather
MegNJaxMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote