View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Alena,

Please do take the B12 deficiency possibility very seriously. Untreated advanced B12 deficiency can mimic MS because it can cause the same damage.

And, although not everyone with serious damage due to B12 deficiency has L'Hermitte sign, it often occurs in long-untreated cases. The list of possible symptoms with B12 deficiency is bafflingly long, and presence or absence of any symptom or set of symptoms cannot rule out deficiency. It eventually affects every cell in the body to one degree or another.

Please read my website. It won't take long, and it will provide some very important basic information most docs do not have (because they are decades behind). And most of the information is in plain language, along with some quotes and links to medical literature.

I incurred unnessary central nervous system damage because of late diagnosis. Damage continues until treatment with adequate amounts of B12.

And addition to all of that, the methylcobalamin form of B12 has been shown to help some with ALS and MS even when there is no general B12 deficiency.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote