View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose View Post
If the damage has been limited to peripheral neuropathy (not the central nervous system), it is not surprising that repairs would be made within a year. Even less if the damage was less, and in some of those cases it is a nice direct road to fewer and less severe symptoms.

It is the central nervous system that often takes such a long and convoluted repair route.

And no one should "wait patiently." There can always be another problem, and one should alert to all possibilities, but one should not be alarmed unnecessarily or think that the process is not long and weird when damage is severe and especially when long-standing.

Boy, I sure know about the Central Nervous System, having had tetanus.

For sure the improvements are continuing now, and when I have a lot of stress I still have the awful feeling in my stomach muscles that I never had anytime in my life before I had tetanus, and the muscles tighten and bend me over. This is years later. (and it's not because of a muscle disease, it's because tetanus is a Central Nervous System disease.)

But the fact is that I felt improvement immediately. I felt it and recorded it. Things would improve, even vastly improve, but then stress would increase and I'd be set back...

My experience has always been that taking B12 results in improvement that I can feel on the same day or within a couple of days.

That is, if my hands or left arm is numb, and I have a B12 shot, that numbness is reduced within three hours, and reduced more a day later unless there is stress. Etc.

Similarly, when there's a lot of stress my eyesight worsens... I have a B12 shot, and within hours things are not as blurry... But for my eyesight to be quite clear, it takes a longer time, continued low stress, etc.

What I am saying is that B12 is effective in a way that can be felt pretty quickly.

If someone has symptoms of low B12 and takes B12 and there is no change in the symptoms, then that is a clear warning sign, it seems to me, that there may be something else wrong, in addition.

For instance, when I was living in the hydrogen sulfide, I had many extreme symptoms of low B12, and I had the normal shots I was being told to have for my B12 deficiency... but the hydrogen sulfide was causing more nerve damage than that amount of B12 could vanquish... so to speak...

I believe that had I understood B12 better at the time I could have taken more B12 and not had as bad of damage from the hydrogen sulfide because the B12 would have sort of kept up with ongoing repairs...

For me, it's been a God send that the neurologist told me to keep a Time Line. If I hadn't kept a Time Line I couldn't be so sure of what I am saying.

I encourage people to keep a Time Line so that you can see what your personal reactions are, your personal improvements and what causes you to get worse... what stresses.