View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose View Post
One size definitely does not fit all. It is a very good idea to keep track and see whether there are immediate correlations to what you are doing or not doing.

It is also important to recognize that there usually is no immediate correlation with B12.

Stomach acid is soooo important, for many things more than B12, calcium and iron absorption. Betaine hcl would be a good idea for many here. The standard method of use is to begin with one capsule with a meal, and increase the dose one at a time, backing off one when there is a warm sensation in the stomach in response. And, of course, there is a maximum dose, which may appear on the bottle.

rose
I remember a GREAT book I had called Know Your Nutrition, in which the author, who I think was Linda Clark, said that if she were stranded and could have only ten nutrients, the one she would most want to have with her was hydrochloric acid.

I love it myself.

But when I was working on my web site and realized how many different people come and read the different pages, I realized it was important to warn people that it is NOT recommended for people on certain medications and with certain conditions.

I got the impression from the severity of the warnings that it could be dangerous for people using those medications or having those conditions...

So, not everyone should try it, without checking the warnings and seeing if they apply to them.