View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not really rock solid with my 'testing' knowledge. All the research I did was a couple of years ago and everything seemed to be qualified with a 'but is not always very accurate'... so we never went that route. I'm sure that someone will come in and tell you what all the tests are and they will do a better job than I ever could.

However, I did want to pop in to say that our family did a COMPLETE elimination diet (whether they seemed healthy or not - they all did it). We were SHOCKED at how the 'normal' people were clearly having reactions to foods... in particular - me.

I had horrible headaches, practically daily for my whole life, joint pains, muscle knots, etc. etc. -- all went away when we went gf. I have had the pinprick testing done (once when I was a teenager and then again when I was around 38). They showed nothing. When I was 38 I asked the allergist if these reactions were in my head. He said no, he didn't think so because they are common food reactions but are considered 'sensitivities' and do not show up on testing.

So, now if we suspect a food, I don't consider getting anyone tested, we just eliminate that food and make sure to do it VERY WELL - down to molecules... which means we eliminate that food from the house completely. It just makes my life - as the cook - a lot easier as it is less worrisome. The only exception I make is that I will by some cream for coffee and tea if we're having company... but then we don't consume it and the company takes the cream home with them.

By the way, I have 3 children and 3 chickens... and I love your signature... couldn't be truer!
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote