View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face Neupro Patch from smom

Hi, again. I am new and keep getting lost! Somewhere I recanted my first week on the patch but I'm not surse it got to you. I am 60 yrs old and have hadPD since age 38. I have been able to lead a normal life, raise a child, have a job and all until about a year ago when everything seems to have hit me. So on Sunday I tried my first patch. I thought I would be fine with the 2mg but other than feeling lousy and really sleepy on Sunday, I haven't noticed much change. On Monday, I felt better but by then I had needed to add Sinemet since the patch did little or nothing for the tremor. Other than that, I felt a little better. On Tuesday I went by myself to the grocery store and bought $130 worth of groceries and carried them up from the garage.
Wednesday I felt good but by then I had decided that one patch (2mg) wasn't going to be enough. I was surprised at this because my pattern of pill taking had developed into me taking little bites of Sinemet about and hour apart. I had finally fallen into a 1/2 of a Sinemet 25/100y every hour or a needed.
So I thought the patch would be perfect for me since what I was doing was attempting to keep a constant amount of medicine in my bloodstream.

On Wednesday I called the doc and he said I could put 2 patches on at once, giving me a 4mg patch. I wore that today ,Thursday ,and still have had to take Sinemet about every 2 hours. So I will go from here. One of you said that he felt a little better every day so I will look forward to that. I also hope I find my way around this forum and apologize if this lands in the wrong place!
smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote