View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 04:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

To make your own curry mix (I have been doing this for years as I love curry), perhaps you can try this with safe ingerdients?
I tend to mix this up differently each time - I don't measure I toss and smell and once I like it, I fry it. Easily adjust to taste. Don't leave out the salt though - it tastes flat without a bit.
Basically: 1.5 teaspoons cayenne pepper, .5 teas ginger powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 10-15 seeds of cumin OR 1/8 teas powdered, .5 teaspoon turmeric. Mix all together in a small cup - set aside.
Fry an onion in oil until brown - then add seasoning above and cook seasonings for 5 minutes at least. Then add your chicken (I like thighs but you can use whatever - bones or de-boned) and brown them a little in the spices a little and then throw in tomatoes, fresh or canned and make it as dry or wet as you like. If you do not add a lot of tomotoes though, add some water so nothing gets dry and simmer covered until the chicken is done. Serve with plain yogurt or sour cream if you need to "cool" it down. Even works with tuna. Great leftovers too...
Not sure why I was looking over here.. but maybe this will help - hope this is a safe recipe for you.