Thread: Today I.....
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 05:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

MarkHope you are doing ok, and as noted, it really sucked being taken off of meds. They had me on so many different drugs I don't even remember. I had to have a daily/ hourly/ pill organizer to make sure I did not take too many or, forget to take something. I was in NY for two weeks. They slowly took everything away and were giving me methadone. It was a very lonely time. People were nice but being away from family for so long killed me. Especially because it was during 9/11. Hard to watch the planes hit while they take you off meds! What I really wanted was a drink!

Hope you are hanging in there. Luckily mines was only like a detox. I didn't need a rehab as it was more of a physical dependancy and not a craving type of additiction. Still not easy either way. Your body has to realize that you don't need the meds. Your brain continues to tell you you need them even when you don't. At least that is the way it was explained to me. I DO NOT have medical knowledge. Only my experience.

Well, now that I've made one dress for my daughter I think I will try another! Nothing crazy now! I still needed help from daughter #1! We'll see if I catch on.

Linda