View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The research you are referring to has been done assuming that people are being diagnosed early. People who are diagnosed and treated early (those lucky enough to have obvious megaloblastic/macrocytic anemia) usually respond quickly and recover very quickly. Those are not the people I am addressing.

The fact that some docs will give a shot or two to see if a person needs B12 is better than nothing. But many people were missed because they did not have the response thought by ignorant medical people to be the norm.

I have been suggesting for many years that people keep notes. It is important for them to understand that not responding immediately and obviously does not mean they don't need the vitamin. The trial and the notes need to be kept up much longer to cover that possibility.

Most people do show some response within days to weeks. Some take longer, and after the initial response it is common for a person with significant damage to have strange symptoms as their body periodically adjusts to interpreting different signals as the nerves repair.

I have no problem with your description of your experience. It is important for people to know that your experience is not common. Theirs may be very different.

I don't know why you I don't believe people should try B12. I have been suggesting it and providing support for years. It is important for people to know that if they give it only a couple of months, that may not be enough to determine whether or not they need it.

The danger is in people assuming that if they do not have results that are quick and obvious that they do not need the vitamin. The body can do a lot of work before letting us know what it is doing.

I don't know what you're responding to. It certainly isn't to what I've been saying.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote