View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 05:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First, I agree with Fern that hopefully you can avoid surgery. I did have a rib re-section and scalanectomy. It did help. One thing I definitely agree with is IF you have to have this surgery or you know someone having any type of surgery, plan ahead. I injured my neck when I had three young children. My husband and I ran a business out of our home. Luckily my mother and mother-in-law were able to help. BUT, my neighbors got together and cooked dinners for us for a week. Now I'm not talking a baked ziti, or something simple. They made a full course meal. Salads, brisket, chicken or another main dish. veggies, potatoes, etc. plus dessert. I cannot tell you how thankful I was to these friends. It reminded me of how important friends and neighbors can be. Just one night a week for a group of people can make such a difference! Our Church, each year around Easter, takes turns making dinner for our minister and her family so she can direct her attention to the Church and all this time of year entails. She can come home and not worry about feeding her children.

Good luck with the move. That would be a very difficult thing when you are in pain. I've been in the same house for 15 years and don't ever want to move again! The last move I had a 2 year old and 2 month old!

Best wishes! Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote