Old 08-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA31 View Post
sorry i have been mia just really trying to avoid the computer. really really could use voice activation software suggestions. typing is killing me and dragon 9.0 just doesn't work well enough despite months of training it.

so, ANY suggestion for types of voice activation software (other than dragon 9.0) would be so appreciated!!!

xoxoxo,annie

I am nt sure that there is that much difference in the software, the big thing is the microphone, although i ahve done well with the one they give me.
A huge part is as your said the training, read all the stories, not one- word- at- a - time....read as a flow. dictate as a flow, as if conversing not dictating.

Another thing, learn the short cuts like correct "xxxx" THE INCORRECT WORD GIVEN, IT WILL GIVE YOU CHOICES, or correct it by typing in like a medical term or doctors name....It will remember next time.

Also, it is not 100%, accept it limits and if you have a few mis interpurted words, over time it improves.

i did a 15 page term paper and ended up with only a few mis prints. the flow of speech was the important thing. I still never seem to hook it up for Internet forum use and I should but I am sharing a room, with someone on the desktop and TV viewers in my recliner.

Try reading a different story, Alice is fun and the space one...keep going even after it says you have trained enough. actually yuou learning to speek in speech voice and not choopy is so helpful for it to learn your speech patterns.

hope others have some thoughts too,
di
Oh, place the microphone to cheek area next to the mouth, not in front of the mouth...it will pick up everybreat, and read speech wrong.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote