View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry The PRICES of meds...GRRRR

This isn't really a neuro related med question...I'm just very upset over something that is related to my medications right now and I'm just needing to type it and vent if that's ok??

At present, I have no ins coverage for prescriptions. I'm able to get many of them for $10 thru a couple of mail order companies. However..with hereditary osteoporosis as well as hereditary high cholesterol...my doctor has prescribed such meds as Fosamax, Crestor, and Zetia.

The Crestor I can get for $40 (not too bad) but the Fosamax and Zetia are too new to be on the discounted drug lists at local pharmacies or mail order companies. My husband about went through the roof today when I told him that the Zetia is $225 for a 3 month supply!! We're pinching pennies right now as is, and I'm just wanting to say forget it and just take the Crestor and carefully (more than I'm already doing) watch my diet.

I'm eating flaxseed bread and whole grains, avoiding all the fried items, the eggs...but that price for med just sends my blood boiling.

Thanks, I feel much better now...LOL...just had to type it and get it off my chest!!!!!

Marilyn
Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote