View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Thelma,
I think I understand what you are trying to do..
Rulu, Rob, Ernie, Greg Goldberg,Will Hubben , Kathy, JD ,Matt, so many more names and precious people ( some whose real names we never knew) ...poured their heart and souls out .on sharing personal experiences and information in living with this disease..and fighting for survival on the boards ..
Several caregivers as well....Bonnie, Cathy , Katherine etc..

Some lessons were hard learned by others ( including by my husband I) though we were often forewarned. by wiser people who had been similar routes before....some were often graphically detailed choices where there was no right or wrong choice for any one person ..but their lives unfolded real time...with no benefit of hindsight then as we have now..still from their immortal words we still can continue to learn valuable lessons from and make more educated decisions from..many of those priceless posts did not not go unheeeded as well..and came in the niche of time...
I too miss these people dearly...but regardless of where they are now or if they have crossed over ....their memory , strength , passion and preseverance remains for all who were fortunate to know them...or even fortunate enough to stumble across their words from the past...
I could not possibly put out all the posts that touched my heart...by those that passed on ,,,or by those I do not knew what happened too..but I miss them all the same..and learned so much from them ...and their precious unique personalities.. ... forever willl leave an impression upon my mind and my heart..Lisa

PS..Thelma, I always had such a hard time visioning Rulu typing with one finger on a vent.I had a hard time closing my my eyes and picturing it..but knew that he was...his personality was just that strong..he was so tough and determined..and though we always did not see eye to eye..he was someone I always had great respect for...in retrospect some things he was right about and I just did not see it then..others I don't know if there is a right or wrong..while still others only time will tell..but a determined man and a man of integrity indeed he was..I too go back at times in my memories and reflect on words of his and many others of the past...what they tried to warn me of at times but I could not see .. and sometimes what lessons we learned together...and I continue to pull on their strength of those words for the future.. as the words are still there and the strength still exists...
To a degree it does hurt when we remember them ..as I'm sure you feel very much as I do...almost like they were sitting in our living rooms on an almost daily basis not too long ago.. ( ironic as many we only knew by screen names still they touched our hearts )...they fought so hard...and their loss is just not fair...but to me often any pain associated with remembering them is worth it..as there were many happy moments as well..as their unique individual personalities were never lost to this disease...nor their spirit to fight and help others whenever possible along the way.. ..Lisa

Last edited by lisag; 08-09-2007 at 10:15 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote