View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 10:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Not diabetic and I smoke.

I'm with you Dahlek. I don't apologise for being a smoker.

The question I've been pondering lately is all the chemicals in cigarettes besides the nicotine. The post I made the other day about the trip to visit my daughter...that was one thing I forgot about. I didn't smoke in their house so I was smoking much less than I usually do. I won't say exactly how much but I'm a heavy smoker. So it followed, in my mind, that perhaps my PN is induced by those chemicals in the cigarettes??

My doc gave me a script for Chantix. It works differently than Zyban (Wellbutrin) and is much more effective. I'd get the prescription filled in a heartbeat if I could afford it. 230.00 (if I recall correctly) for 30 days and then there's a refill to pay for. Medicaid won't pay for it. I don't even have that much to live on every month! A carton of cigarettes here in Virginia is still only about 25.00 for a name brand. 18.00 and some change for the brand I smoke. My doc says it's cheaper in the long run to quit and the 230.00 is probably about what I spend a month on smokes. Right. So it's a catch 22: If I stop smoking so I have the money to by the Chantix...well that makes a lot of sense doesn't it? I wouldn't need the Chantix to begin with! Sometimes her logic escapes me.

ETA: Duh! Silly me! Welcome, Mark! My pain is all in my feet. And as you said, compared to many I'm very blessed in that my pain levels are nowhere near what other's are.