View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 01:03 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

step 2: uploading your photos

now that you have an account with photobucket, it is time for you to upload your photos.

To start off, please make sure you know where you've saved your photos to.

By default, Windows system usually save them to your documents. And within your documents, it will usually by default save it to a subfolder called "My Pictures"

So, now you have logged into photobucket, you should see the uploading page now. Toward the top middle sections, there should be empty space/rectangle bars followed by the word "browse"

to upload, you click on "browse" and it will open a path (opening your computer) and then you can follow the path to find the photo(s) you want to upload. They often will default to your " My Pictures " file. Find the photo that you want to use.

(if you don't see photos and they are listed as tiles or icons, just pick a blank space, right click, select "view" and select "thumbnails" and it should display all your photos as images)

once you've selected the photo, you can double click it or click on "open" and the file should now be named in the empty space before the word "browse"

at this point, you can add a title to help you remember it or just leave it as it is.

go toward the bottom and click on "UPLOAD"

depending on the size of your photo, the speed of your internet, how busy both servers are, the photos should be uploaded soon. When it is done, you should see your photo(s) by scrolling down to the page.

*sidenote

I think one of the hardest things when people save photos to their computers is to find it again. They often follow the protocol but may sometimes accidentally click on something else and won't be able to find anything again.

I find it the simplest to create a folder on my desktop, naming it "photos" and save everything there. Even if the photos have been downloaded else where, as soon as I find them, I would drag them to my desktop in the photos folder. I would then create mini/sub folders to group them.

the other hard thing is that a lot of the times, windows would show these folders as either tiles/icons or something else instead of the actual photos.

but a lot of the times, the photos are named weird, something like "DSC102"

and while you know that is a photo, you wouldn't know if it was a photo of your grand children or a photo of a nekkid pole dancing moderator.

I usually would rename them by left click then right click right over the "DSC102" and scroll down to rename.

this way, you can name it just how you like it and can recognize it.

when you are in the folder and all you can see are icons or whatever other than images. You can simply pick an empty spot, right click and select view, then thumbnails, and it should show anything that are photos to...photos!
(JPG by default)

Last edited by who moi; 08-10-2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: defaulting...
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote