View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you both for all the info!! Is Cream of Rice dairy free?

My boxes of Rice Dream say Gluten Free right on them and I don't see barley listed as an ingredient, so they should be safe.

Some things are so confusing... like the Silk Soymilk and soy yogurt has the D symbol next to the kosher marking, symbolizing dairy in the product... and right above it, it says "Dairy Free". So I called Silk to ask... they said that the company makes other foods that do contain dairy, but that they sterilize the equipment before they put the Silk through AND they test each batch to make sure they are dairy free, yet it still has the D symbol for dairy. So that makes it hard to tell, I was planning on using the symbols D/Pareve to tell if items have dairy or not.

I found one company that I am really NOT happy with. KRAFT. This is a major company, they should have a list of what products are gluten free and or dairy free, shouldn't they???????? The other companies I caleld were all fine and were immediately able to answer my question with a "YES, that product is definitely GF". Kraft on the other hand, gives me some lame "non-answer" about how they list their ingredients on every package and that I need to be careful reading labels. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!! Unbelievable. I called them twice too, in case I got an answer from someone else.. same thing. The second one actually said taht it is next to impossible to label everything GF... I told them Walmart does it! I've noticed under their ingredient list on their Great Value products, they label them Gluten Free. But KRAFT can't?!?! Come on. I may not buy Kraft items.

Rathykay, Is "Mr Kay" his teacher?? How can he be against Tom going GF?? He has nothing to do with it!!

Dawn
Hannah (8),
Anthony (7), and
Jayson (5)

ives6797 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote