View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there New Zealand:

Alan hasn't even had a chance to try this TENS thing yet because he's wearing a cast (shoe boot thing).

I asked him yesterday, "are you ever going to try this?" and he said "oh, absolutely, when this thing comes off".

So we shall wait.

Oh, and I almost killed him (maybe I'm wrong, but someone tell me, okay). He goes out yesterday and buys a pair of FUTURO compression socks.

Size large because on the back of this box it indicates if you are a certain shoe size then you should get this size sock.

So he comes home and we take one of the socks out and these are tight socks. Now remember, he's all bandaged up where the foot ulcer is. I said "now why on earth would you buy compression socks, you were never told you had to do this, your circulation is just fine"? and he goes: "well, the shoe boot rubs me (we knew this might happen and they give you pads for this, but I guess the pads weren't enough).

So just imagine me this morning, after I put the bandage on the foot ulcer (which is healing nicely due to the regranex), at least this appears to be the case......so I"m trying to get this sock thing over the bandage, well, forget it, with my arthtic hands, it's a no go. So he takes it and even though the thing is tight, he got it over his foot, up his calf (it reaches just to the tip of his knee. Then he puts the shoe boot on.

I just looked at him and I said 'these socks aren't too tight, they don't hurt you? and he goes "are you kidding, they feel great, they are compressing all the blood and it's going into my feet and I feel fine". He says he's very comfortable. It's not squeezing the life out of him.

Now my friend Bernard wears these compression stockings (he's a diabetic, has a bad foot ulcer, wears the same shoe boot, etc.).

So I guess this stocking can't do him any harm, right? He does say it has stopped the rubbing on his legs and shin (from the shoe boot).

Let me know okay??

Thanks,
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote