View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Hi All,

A nurse from my GI docs office called today with my test results. The TTG was negative so I am assuming no Celiac Disease? However, my Ferritin level was very low at 7 (normal range 20-155) and she didn't give me the normal range but said my TIBC level was high which I guess is another indicator of iron defiency. He wants me to take 325mg of iron three times per day.

I don't know much about this and I am going to do some searching to find out what are some of the causes for this and what I should be aware of but does anyone here have any helpful advice or suggestions on what might be going on? If you didn't get a chance to read my last couple of post on this forum, I suffer from weight loss, fatigue, weakness, hair loss, abdominal discomfort (especially after eating), tachycardia, etc.

I feel more confused now than before . I really feel like this is just another piece of the puzzle but they still haven't figured out what's really going on.

Thanks for your help!
I have been going through a similar situation. I had low fettitn and high TIBC as well. My docotor is looking into b12 deficiency. I don't know much about but maybe this is your problem as well. Try looking on b12.com
cat265 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote