View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Cream of Rice ingredients are: granulated rice.... and you make it with water. And it says "gluten free" on the front of the box, always reassuring.

I wonder if Rice Dream has listened to the gluten free community and changed their ingredient list! I'm going to have to check that out... thanks! If it says gluten free right on the box, and you don't see barley malt on the ingredient list... I think you are good to go. Sorry for the false alarm! I think this must be an ingredient change in the right direction, for a change! Sure enough, I don't see barley malt either!
http://www.tastethedream.com/products/category/202.php
This makes me happy because I think they produce these in the single serve cartons, and my Almond Breeze does not. Single serve would be great for traveling! I can't wait to go grocery shopping, now.

Rice Dream vanilla ice cream is also gf, and I think neopolitan and one of the chocolate varieties, but they have some that aren't... like one with cookies.. but the Good Karma are all gluten free/ casein free, and some of the premium flavors are fabulous.

I know making those phone calls can be so frustrating! Kraft is one of the manufacturers, though, that say they will disclose all ingredients on the label, and is supposed to be a trusted manufacturer. However, I agree that their non-response to phone inquiries doesn't leave a good impression.
http://www.glutenfreeandbeyond.org/f...opic.php?t=418

New labeling laws have helped a lot to identify products with wheat. Generally, if a product has wheat you will see it quickly in the Contains: statement at the end of the list of ingredients. You still have to read the ingredient list for barley (and rye) and just to be triple sure, but it saves the trouble of reading the ingredient list if you see WHEAT highlighted in a contains statement from the start. It just goes back to the shelf.

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 08-10-2007 at 09:36 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote