View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have no idea on the Cream of Rice. We're avoiding rice. I don't know my Kosher labeling laws. I read the ingredients. For milk, I'm used to looking for casein, lactose and whey, in addition to the obvious milk, cream, cheese, and yogurt. With the new allergy labeling laws, I think it has to actually say "milk" or "casein from milk" or some such obvious way. Wheat also has to be labeled, but rye and barley (also glutenous grains) don't have to be specified. That's where the trouble comes in. Kraft is actually a good labeling company. They will not hide the gluten. But, you do have to read the ingredients and know that rye and barley and wheat are glutenous. Here's their info: http://www.kraftfoods.com/health/art...ee_0623031.pdf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ives6797 View Post
Rathykay, Is "Mr Kay" his teacher?? How can he be against Tom going GF?? He has nothing to do with it!!
Uh... Mr. Kay is my husband and the father of my children. So, I usually give him a chance to say NO before I do what I want anyway. Since I am the chief cook and bottle washer, any changes in Tom's diet are reflected in what I serve to the rest of the family. Mr. Kay eats out for lunch at work, so he's only low-gluten and low-dairy.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote