View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi ives,
I didn't go that route here sorry, but just wanted to say that I'm pleased to see a message from you. I'd been wondering how all that testing for seizures had gone. It's good to see that you now have a diagnosis (almost) because now you can look forward.

I'm sure others will stop by and respond regarding GF diet etc.. I have two children and neither used GF diet, although if I'd known my son was on autism spectrum when he was a child I probably would have gone down that direction to see if a trial helped with some of his digestive issues. However, I sometimes think that it's more likely that just a lactose free diet may have helped him. All our supermarkets here now have a section of gluten free products. Even though I don't follow gluten free diet, I sometimes buy those products. Probably much less expensive there than at our health food stores too. I guess it depends on the area. It varies so much.

Edited to add:
I forgot to mention that my son was always such a picky eater anyway, that if I'd put him on a gluten free diet way back when he was a little child he'd probably have not eaten anything too much. lol

Also wanted to add that tics typically wax and wane, so it's more than likely that you will notice that your son's tics are more active for some months or weeks and then there will be months or weeks when they're less active. Tics also will change. Some people will keep some core tics, but notice that other tics will come for a while and go away. Therefore I think it's always a helpful idea to keep a diary if you're going to try any type of treatments - natural or otherwise. I hope that makes sense what I wrote. Not quite awake here in Australia yet.

There are some very experienced people from Neurotalk who post on the Celiac and Gluten sensitivity forum here who should be able to advise on certain products.

Well, good to finally hear back from you. I hope all is going well.

p.s. I was curious about the green ribbon in your avatar and wondered what it says. Thanks. Scrap this last question. I figured it out.

Last edited by Lara; 08-10-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote