View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Considerthis Thank you for replying to my post on the new members board. I never even thought to look at my finger nails. I have vertical ridges and small moons. I think that I have always had ridges??? One thing I have noticed is that my nails went kind of flat. Anyway here is more info about me:
After the dr. discovered the 209 b12 level ( my TIBC was 340, iron serum 62, iron sat. 18) He sent me to a gastroendo. and he did another blood test. He did not have me fast prior to test. b12 was 293, folate >24, mma 109, homocysteine 5.6 and intrinsic factor was negative. I am also taking 50mcg of synthroid for hypothyriod. All my symptoms seemed to get worse right after the birth of my second daughter in 2005. C-section delivery. Within the last year I had heart palpitaitons that would force me to cought. Dr. did an eeg with showed the irregulat beat to he had me where a 24 hr haulter to monitor it and did an echo. But come out fine. I get dizzy upon standing, my hair has become very thin, I will forget what Iam saying right in the middle of a conversation. A few time while driving, I did recognize where I was or remember where I was going, just for a few seconds. I get tingling in my legs, ithcy tounge, limbs fall asleep easily and I suffer from anxiety. The fatigue is rediculous. I walk up a flight of stairs and need to sit down. Iam only 42 years old. I gues I have always been a little anemic as when ever I tried to give blood they would not except it saying that my iron is too low. Iam going to see a hemotologist next thursday. Hopefully I will ge some answers. Not that I want to be b12 deficient, but it would be nice to finally have an answer instead of everyone (including myself sometimes) thinking that Iam a hypocondriac or its all in my head . I went to Rose's site and found lots of good info. Thanks again.
cat265 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote