View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Saturday here, so I'm up for almost anything really.

It was cool this morning but will heat up by mid morning I think. Winter is over. I can put my socks away I guess. Was cold for a few weeks early morning though.

I'd like to buy a new scanner/printer. They're so inexpensive these days and my old printer is as slow as a wet week although I've forgotten what a wet week is like. I yearn for many wet weeks. No rain still. Going to level 6 restrictions very soon I guess. Combined dam levels for my region are now down to less than 17%. Our daily target of water use per person per household is 140 litres. The current usage in the area is 133 litres... so people are finally getting the message. Yay!

I need to get the sewing machine out. I have some caftans/shirts I want to make for summer. Have the materials, just need to start drafting and cutting and all the rest. I doubt that'll be today because today I might actually have some ALONE time at last... that's as long as daughter doesn't have me babysitting her new puppy that I've been babysitting now for 12 out of 14 days. grrr. I love the puppy, but she didn't discuss the purchase of same puppy prior to arriving home with her. That's a big no-no. Did I say grrr already?

I also have some really neat projects underway. I'm making a special cook-book for my daughter who thinks she's going to find a partner for life who does all the cooking. ha!

I'm having trouble navigating the photoalbum here. I need to spend a little while checking that out so I am familiar with it. I always forget to check there for photos. Once I get a scanner organized I'm going to maybe add some in there myself. I am not fond of these digital cameras. No idea why really. Just prefer the old style with the different lenses and such...

What's on my plate? Lamb probably.
Edited to add: Lamb = the great australian roast. My apologies to any vegetarians viewing.
There used to be an ad on the tellie here by the meat boards and the girl in the ad decided to stay at home with the family to eat the lamb roast rather than go on a date with Tom Cruise (when he was single this ad ran... after his divorce from Nicole). Personally, I'd stay at home to eat gruel rather than go on a date with Tom Cruise, single or not single.

Speaking of Lamb. I saw a snippet on the tv yesterday which mentioned that yukky Mel Gibson has made some scary movie about killer sheep. ???? Say what??? sheesh. I hope it wasn't true.

Last edited by Lara; 08-10-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote