View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just Diagnosed with MPS

Hello - I was just diagnosed with Myofascial Pain Syndrome yesterday. I haven't been able to find any websites that indicate what the odds are of recovering fully, subsequent to receiving appropriate physical and/or emotional therapy? Can I ever get better?

My pain has been ongoing since November 2002; I knew I was a chronic pain patient, but I didn't have a name for what was wrong with me until yesterday....it is a relief I guess to have a name for my problem finally. I have been judged so harshly by my friends/family, etc., because I look normal from the outside......I am in litigation because this all started after I underwent extensive dental work; my lawsuit is supposed to settle towards the end of this year (2007), and it won't come a moment too soon...I have lost virtually everything I have ever worked for and am in deep deep financial debt since I lost my job/career last June 2006. The financial costs associated with my experience have crushed me, and at this point, I have little hope of returning to work until I can realize some sort of improvement in my physical status. Here are my questions:

* Do other people with MPS work regular, full-time jobs?

*What can I expect in terms of recovery, now that I have been diagnosed, and now that I may receive appropriate care?

* Do family/friends start becoming more compassionate when a name is finally given to a persons problem?

* Will I ever be able to live a full/active life - as per 'normal' people?

* How do I participate in my recovery?

* Are there sleep meds that are beneficial to people with MPS?

* Is it normal to feel like an outcast of society?

I know this is a lot to ask....please help me if you can - I am soooo confused.

Thank you.

Blackpanther
blackpanther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote