View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 07:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ok, it just so happens that hubby picked up a box of Rice Dream for me on his way home tonight... I asked him for Rice Dream Vanilla flavor... he got Rice Dream Vanilla Heart Wise It says "can help lower cholesterol" on it... this is not what I bought before, but he said it was the only vanilla they had in stock so he got it. I have not opened it yet, luckily.. because on this one, it does NOT say Gluten-free, and I do see under the ingredients, it does have the note "Contains gluten from barley protein at less than 0.02%". So the Heart Wise variety is definitely NOT Gluten-free. Luckily I didn't care about that, it's just what hubby happened to pick up.

Now, the other box I currently have (does not say Supreme on it).... it says Rice Dream Rice Drink, Original flavor, Enriched. The other box was Vanilla (regular, not Heart Wise), but I already threw the empty box away. Both of these 2 boxes said Gluten Free on them, and did not have the 0.02% gluten message like the Heart Wise stuff did. So it looks to me like the regular ones (not Health Wise) are gluten free. The ones that SAY "gluten free" look like they indeed are. I will call to check though.

I tried to post this also on that other board but I have to get approved first so I'll do that later.

The one on the left appears safe, and the vanilla flavored one (regular, not Heart Wise) as well. BUT, the Heart Wise one on the right is NOT Gluten free.

Dawn
Hannah (8),
Anthony (7), and
Jayson (5)

Last edited by ives6797; 08-10-2007 at 08:00 PM.
ives6797 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote