View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, he says he is only wearing them because of the shoe boot thing. He sees the podiatrist on Wednesday.

I told him "Alan, tonight when you are at work, if you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable, just take a knife and cut them at the top so they won't cut off your circulation." He said "I'm not stupid, you know" lol

I checked, and while there are marks when you lift the elastic from right below the knee, the elastic band is wide, it's not that constricting and I guess I'm just being a wifey worry wart tonight.

He just left for work. I read him exactly what you said the support hose does. How it is a little tighter at the ankle and goes up a bit looser. I then took out the other one (he is only wearing one because of the shoe boot thing). I showed him how the stocking is tighter at the ankle and as it goes up the leg, it is less tight so blood flow goes toward the heart. You see, Alan thought it was the opposite. That the compression hose would squeeze his leg and the blood would be drawn into the foot and it would help with his PN (aside from helping with the rubbing). I told him "watch how your PN is tonight", "if it gets any worse and your pins and needles are killing you, then you take off the support hose and change into your diabetic socks".

He took a pair of diabetic socks with him. Thank god he listens.

And thank God for you.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote