View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there Jacquelina!!
I thought I was the only one who experienced this problem! Well, this happened to me shortly before my RSD was discovered. O, my gosh, It was so painful.. the rash, the tenderness.. I had no relief. I went to the ER room as this got worse!! she put me on a cream, asked if I had any new soaps, deoderants added?? I said no. ok I then came home used that calamine lotion. All this stuff dd was make it runny(The calamine lotion, that is) It cleared up some, but came back!! I then went in to see my PCD and he took some blood work, it all came back normal, told me to use over the counter pink lotion callled AVeeno. I used that and it went away! It then came back!! I'm tellin you, this was so darn painful and so red, I actually cried. I then remember thinking?? I was late to an appointment, hurried and shaved my underarms dry.. yes, dry.. then put deodorant on them.. this is what caused it I think?? I then switched to another deodorant .. Dove unscented (After the rash cleared up) As deodorant was too painful to use!! It has now been 7 mos. and no rash. I believe it was caused by me shaving dry, using that too harsh spray Arrid deodorant, right after I shaved. I now only use the Dove unscented roll on. Hope you get to feeling better. Please go and see your Doc.or better yet, like I should have, a dermatologist as everyone's condition is NOT the same! Feel better soon Jacquelina! Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote