View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 11:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dawn,

Yes, I have been dairy and gluten free among many other foods. I struggle to maintain the diet. For right now I've just tried to remain dairy free. I work in a day-care so I sometimes eat what the kids eat just because of my wants/cravings. However, when I'm home I always maintain that dairy free diet. Avoiding allergy foods helps me a lot. Everyone's food allergies/sensitivities are different so without testing, trial and error should help you figure out what bothers your son. I hope that the gluten/dairy free diet helps your son.

If your son seems to want the soy milk all the time, I'd start to be concerned about whether soy bothers your son. So watch out for that. We tend to crave what we're allergic/sensitive to. I know that soy is an allergy/sensitivity for me from allergy testing. I don't drink dairy milk that much anymore so I really don't notice the difference between soy & dairy milk. I crave soy milk & ice cream just as much as I crave dairy milk & ice cream. So just keep an eye out for that.

Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote