View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 01:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You bring up good points. Thank you for your insight. If I have enough thyroid hormone in my body, shouldn't I have low levels of TSH?

I wish it wasn't so difficult to find a good doctor here in Canada - many doctors are not accepting new patients, and almost all inexplicably don't want to prescribe desiccated thyroid. I am fortunate that my doctor has been agreeable to it - I explained that I was on synthetics for eight years and my symptoms increased as my health went down. He also ordered progesterone tests when I asked, and it turned out my levels were low, and he agreed to prescribe Prometrium by my request. He's a good doctor - I don't know what's going through his mind with this now, but I'll find out during my appointment Thursday. I will order Armour over the internet if I have to, and will self-medicate. I won't go down and I will fight.

When my doctor temporarily left for six months (to be married) a year ago, his replacement simply refused to refill desiccated prescriptions because of Mad Cow Disease. Simply refused. It caused a panic for me. Never mind that desiccated thyroid is made from pigs, she wouldn't listen to reason... *sigh*
SwampWitch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote