View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Oh Bob:

I just replied to another thread you were on. You are a hoot.

Alan just came home and we got the shoe boot thing off.

You should have seen us last night, trying to get him dressed to go to work. To put this contraption over the pants part of his security guard uniform, well it was a no -go. Then he took off his pants, then slipped them up, and stepped into the shoe boot thing. Then we hooked him up, then we found the pads that you have to put inside the shoe (to prevent rubbing). Then he had to take the darn thing off again. Took us 30 minutes just to get him dressed to go to work (and this is 10 p.m) He works the midnight to 8.

I did tell him to let me know if these horrible support hose bothered him. He actually felt fine.

So he gets off the bus this morning, he feels fine. He said "honestly, there's no problem with these support hose." And he walks with this shoe boot contraption, like I have never seen him walk. It puts no pressure whatsoever on the ulcer.

So we go to Dunkin Donuts for our "date". We come home, and he starts to take off the support hose. I hate these socks. They are so tight. But I checked his leg for marks, bruising anything, all was fine.

Then he says quietly "Melody, if it makes you happy, I'll wear something else tonight instead of these socks". I said "Thank you Lord".

I will look into the TEDS (I have no idea what these are) but if they loose I'll buy them.

What if I take some moleskin, and put it as a padding where the shoe wraps around his leg. That should make it not rub, right??

Thanks for the laugh about him in high heels. What a pretty picture that would make.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote