View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Update on 'extraction' or not....

Endodontist said can't do a root canal, referred to dental surgeon....who felt that w/all my 'issues' patching what's there is better than taking that small % risk of not healing and infection-that could occur. He did not feel that the Fosamax in tablet form was the big issue more that the auto-immune issues and possible infections or calcium issues from the cancer & seizure meds were the big problems. The surgeon is holding his cards so to speak that I might be in the .06% who might encounter healing problems....long term ones.
Soo, everything's on HOLD...I'll see my dentist to discuss where we go from here, if anywhere.
Sooo, Monday an update on the current state of confusion will be added to this state of confusion.
I do believe I will be even more confused then. Isn't life wonderful?
At least I met one dentist to whom I did NOT have to explain all my medical issues. He looked at my summary sheet and went: HUMMM!
I suppose that part was refreshing compared to visits with many MD's, on the other hand, I have to ask: Why aren't MD's as up-to-date as the dentists? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote