View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Bob, I take it you have already...

exhausted the vocabulary of both acceptable and not acceptable Four and Five letter words?
I am going to assume that some upcoming events are stressing you? Like BIG-TIME? Then further, I am assuming that all is NOT going as it Should! On multiple fronts.

I too, used to do the 'fine work' of Jewellery, Cloisonne [melted glass] and Fabrications...I know now that I do NOT touch anything hotter than an almost cooled boiled egg or else - BIG BLISTERS? I Know I can't dare get near HOT, as much as I'd like to...makes many cooking 'experiences' a 'bit' different?
As for gripping things. Durn! Opening a milk=-jug or a mustard bottle...becomes an 'adventure"? One thing I use is the following... Don't open ANYTHING w/o IT!
http://jefferson.noc11.net/~kitcheng/catalog/
I use the mitts and the hot pads...and have since my onset...they are still gripping. opening, and are THIN? not like the Kitchenaid stuff. My pads in their four years of WORK are almost new except that the 'logo's' are wearing off?
These are keepers! AND HELPERS! Goodness knows we all gotta adapt however we can?
RANT AWAY! Ever always! You have real reason. Go thro a lotta cheap pens on the floor and watch 'em break - It can be very satisfying...least for me at times. Downside is you gotta clean 'em up?
VENT....Here and yeah...most folks don't have a CLUE! Never will - and honestly while I have THOUGHT about wishing this on others, I have changed my mind...frankly That kind of person [that I'd wish this on?] would probably be a pest. I want to be in GOOD COMPANY, such as yours. GOT THAT? - Sloppy HUGS! - j
Like the kind you'd give a fav neice/nephew or dog...
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote