Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 07:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
is why I advocate PT...so we can re-learn how to walk right.
When our sense of where we are in 'time and space' is altered, well our body usually compensates. Given long term issues and complications we over-compensate. Thus do the quirky walk stuffs. What nerves we have left are trying to re-connect to other active nerves to DO whatever Job they are meant to do.. Thus the more we exercise [but correctly,] the better we can USE what we have left to the best and proper advantage.
Essentially 're-program' ourselves to do that which is 'proper' and not 'pseudo-defenisve'.
The whole TILT issue? Yep I do it, am guilty. But I know it and work on it.
Worse issue is how to keep diligent after PT ends. You usually do so well after PT's over that you tend NOT to do more exercises...Wherein lies a major potential snag. You forget the disciplines, get lazy and boom! New fall= injury. Whole cycle begins all over again.
The DUCK walk I call it...sort of a waddle, shifting from foot to foot more sideways than forwards. All's I can say is KEEP moving!? Moving constantly keeps it from becoming more static.
Walk on? - j

You know, I never talked with anyone about this before...

do you mean you try to stay sort of one top of your feet? I try to keep them under me so that when my knees go, I'm on top of my feet.

I bet that's not what you mean... cuz you talked about lengthening stride.

When this happens for me, my steps get very small, and then my back gets tight and that increases back pain...