Thread: Something new?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi beth

Hi Beth, hopefully I can answer all the questions you asked...here we go:

What things have you been doing at the times you get these shocks, or just prior? Nothing really out of the ordinary. I notice it most when my arm is elevated or if I am using ex..reaching...lifting

Have you noticed any other new sx, or increases/changes in other sx? All my symptoms have increased over the last year. I used to be able to go a couple of weeks feeling good...now I am lucky to get a day or two feeling good. Increased pressure in my arms. Hands swelled, burning and achy. Headaches and stiffness in shoulders has increased as well.

Have you been possibly doing too much recently? Aren't we always doing what we shouldn't?? lol I try not to and to watch myself, but I find most times it doesn't really matter. A few weeks ago my P/T wanted to start doing some exercises in my wrists...after two times I was in a nasty flare and haven't done it again.

Were you in A/C when these "shocks" occurred? No, just inside the house. They almost feel as though I am sticking my finger in a light socket. The pain is more pronounced right at my elbow.

Are you currently taking anything for neuropathic pain - i.e., Neurontin, Lyrica, Trileptal, Cymbalta, Elavil, amy/nortryptaline (sp) or other of the tricyclics or anti-seizure meds that are are often more effective than pain meds used alone? The only pain meds I take is demerol daily. I suffer all day..some days worse than others until I can get home to take it. My family doc is looking to send me to pain management when I see him this week, although it takes a couple of months to get in. Quality of life is getting worse, surgery list is long and I am not sure how to manage this nasty beast.

My doc doesn't know what to do or how to treat....and to be honest, I get more info here that I do from him...thats why I asked about the new "sx"

Thanks for the help
Rach
Rachael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote