View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi dahlek,
I've been away for awhile, but I did get your private email...... thanks for the kind words :-))

I understand what the dentist is saying about patching this tooth. You have a very compromised immune system and the meds you are on cause their own set of problems. So there is no way to know how the extraction site would heal if this tooth were removed. The real concern with this or any other tooth, is infection. It really needs to be monitored closely, as do all of your teeth.

You ask the question about MD's not being as up to date as dentists....... actually, both professions know little about the other one. The only DR'S that know both medicine and dentistry are those that have sought a combined degree and/or have spent alot of time learning on their own. I always say that all MD and DDS/DMD degrees should be dual degrees making it mandatory for all physicians and dentists to learn about both. Doesn't that sound like a good idea??

I know this is very confusing, but try to remain positive and just keep asking these dentists questions until you are comfortable about making a final decision.

Please keep us posted!
Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote