View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just wanted to say I am a smoker and my B-12 leves were absolutely fine. I had every test imaginable done and TWICE and all tests were negative. I am not a diabetic either. So, my guess...because I am a "spiney" is that my neuropathy is more a compression type and/or radiculopathy. The PN went away in my hands after two fusions. Now it is back? And why? Probably because I have irritated a nerve root again and the peripheral nerves are mad! The same thing is going on with my feet...but I have lumbar/sacral problems too.

Also, never was a drinker and never abused any substances other than smoking. So, I look to my spine as a cause for most of this. And all I do is to take Klonopin .5 mg once a day and one Vicodin a day. This keeps it all tolerable. Other than that, the spinal injections I get from time to time help tremendously!!! The nerve(s) get calmed down and then the PN calms way down too. And I would take supplements other than the Calcium with D I already take but I just don't as I have various reasons for not. But basically, no amount of supplements is going to rid me of the arthritis compressing on nerve roots and/or stop the neuropathic pain because of it.

I do think though that if I were to stop smoking it would make a difference.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote