View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

prolotheraphy shots are a solution injected to irritate the body in order to bring healing to that site. for some people they get relief such as back pain.
there are some that do not.
yes i am bitter right now, and i know that. 25 years ago a doctor operated on my foot for nerve pain and decided to rearrage my bones without my knowledge. this left me with a very messed up foot which lead to fibro and other pain. i had two small children and my whole life ahead of me. my pain level was about a 4. HOWEVER, WITH FAITH AND DETERMINATION i decided to live life to best of my ablities going back to work TEACHING, doing yoga, having friends for dinner, even travel.
last year my feet began to hurt more and my legs too, so i researched the prolotherapy and all the sites (you can google them-these are loads) and decided that i would try this. There was nothing about such severe risks.
the result has been devastating.besides the knifing, burning pain in my feet and legs when i take a step or stand, there is even a growth of tissue in my ankle that feels like a rock even time i take a step (of the few I take).NEVER HAD ANY OF THIS kind of pain BEFORE.
so i know about being bitter and getting over it, but when you have already lived that and succeeded only to go to a level 9 and 10 pain every day of your life-i am sure many of you know all about this-
so where i will end up with this- i do not know. i cannot get pain control and this is more this time than i can deal with, even with all my years of practice.
so i know about a life of pain and turn around. i could have taught a class on it.
when your pain becomes intractable, you no longer have yourself to fall back on.
no stranger to pain, i can deal with it if i can get it back to a 4 or 5, but in 15 mo., this has not yet been achieved. so i came here looking for help and i do not want anyone to get hurt like i did, hence the post.
steff
Steff is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote