View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mark, it would help us all understand what you are going through if you could tell us in a short narrative what happened. Something like--I'm a 45 year old guy who was perfectly well until.....when I developed a funny feeling in my toes....over the courseo f the next____days, the symptoms changed in such and such a way. So far, the tests that have been done are_______(AND GET THE RESULTS FOR US< PLEASE). My doctor thinks I have _____and plans______- I take xyz meds. I drink xyz amount of alcohol and use xzy drugs or have been exposed to xyz toxins.

My family history: My mother...or father do or do have anything like this...or wahtever.

Those of us who have been here a long time really care about the numbers and specifics. There are people here who have made themselvse quite expert in different aspects of neurological disease and neuropathy.

And you probably know I've posted a list of tests for neuropathy on lizajane.org. Please check it out so you can help guide your own diagnosis.

I'm not sure what you have at all. My guess is the cigarette thing is a red herring. It sounds like you might have some sort of inflammatory neuropathy, or fibromyalgia, but it's not at all clear yet.

In the meantime, do stick with the supplements. The lipoic acid and carnitine cannot possibly be hurting you, just as fish oil can't hurt, or B12 and folate.

You might have lots of fluctuations with coincidences which don't mean a lot.

I, for one, can't for the life of me figure out why I get better or worse, except for sinus infections. That's the only certainty.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote