Thread: how long
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 03:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rina,

I first noticed a small numb patch on my arm in 1998, I then had other symptoms in 2001,numbness in left side of face every now and again.I went to see a neurologist who proceeded to stick a pin gently on the surface of my face,which I obviously felt, she then said she didn't know what on earth may be causing it, I had an MRI of the brain which came back clear and it was left at that. Then this year I went to see another neurologist as the symptoms have progressed throughout the following years and I have had no diagnosis as yet, have had some blood tests and an MRI of my brain and cervical spine which have all come back clear, I am awaiting an electrical test and results from some more blood work. One thing I have found a bit disturbing is that on the second visit this year to see my neurologist (7th august) he is already talking about managing the symptoms with amitriptyline,im really hoping this doesnt mean that he is going to give up finding a cause if the next set of tests come back clear...
Mark._. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote