View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Are you talking about armour as a dessicated thyroid drug? Your T4 results seem so low. But your TSH seems suppressed so that is why the docs would go into a TSH panic. My TSH is lower than yours but I have had pituitary surgery so finally they leave me alone and just judge me (the better docs - some are still not so bright) on the free T3 and free T4. TSH basically measures what the pituitary is telling the thyriod and you are right, if you are not sure if your pituitary is ok, then it is not a good test! And with your other tests, especially your T4 at the lower end, your doc *should* run pituitary function tests to see what else is amiss but alas, they tend to ignore the pituitary. After all, it is just the oh.. master gland? I had docs using my TSH for years even with a known pituitary tumor and changing my thyroid meds all the time. Funny how I never felt good.
Oh and I needed a T3 drug as pituitary people tend not to convert T4 onto T3 well so need the T3 directly that the body uses. I have no thyroid now due to tumors and all (I am an endocrine nightmare) and take both a T4 and T3 drug to feel as best I can.