View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yeah Mel, its expensive alright, at first i was getting methyl through via another country, no problems with customs that way, i don't know why , the shots of b12 i get is still very good stuff it goes directly into the blood and does a good job, and i am pretty well ok now with my PN, only take cynno for insurance really.
I have read how good its been for you which is a terrific result.
all the best,
Brian
Hi Brian, I had to go back to the beginning of this thread when I saw the most recent post this morning.

Wow, you were paying $70 a bottle for Methylcobalamin? How big was the bottle... ????

I just checked the coutries page on my web site and saw that it is shipped from Vitacost to Australia. Vitacost is a discount vitamins company. I order from them all the time.

But in terms of shots, I have to agree with you, the shots work really well and are vastly cheaper.

The main reason I don't talk more about getting the shots is that you have to have a doctor's prescription, and some doctors just do not get it. (and therefore withhold prescriptions for B12)

It was by luck that I went to a holistic M.D. just before I got tetanus and she gave me a prescription for a shot a day for a year.

A shot a day for a month is about $6 from Wal*Mart here, so it's CHEAP. I can afford it. I love it.

But if someone wants to know if it will help them, they can buy a bottle of the Methylcobalamin lozenges that will last a couple months, I get the 5mg ones for when I just cannot stand another shot... because of the needle... and a bottle of those is around $16. (I also send them to old friends... people who I don't think would find out about it in normal daily life... but who might have a heart health need for it.)