View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have copies of blood work from all the way back to 1990. The first time I had a b12 level checked was in 2005 it was 239 folate 10.8 (I never checked it until now because I was told it was normal. I had it checked in June 2007, (I was at the endo. complaining of memory loss, extream fatigue, getting dizzy when I stand up, and hair loss) He checked b12 and it was 209, folate 13.0. My GP checked it again in July ( I think just to make me leave him alone) and it was 293, folate 24.0, mma 109, homocysteine (nutritional) 5.6 and I.F. Block AB negative. He did not have me fast for these tests. One other thing, since 1990 until now my MVC has never been under 93 Highest being 99, my TIBC has always been around 490 and my transferren sat. any where from 11% to 25%. I think have been boarder line anemic most of my life. My mother jus told my when I was 3 yr.old she took me to the doctor because she kept finding me in bed and normally I was a very active toddler. She just remembers them saying "well she does not have luckemia". Iam 42 years old now, Irish, Dark hair (well used to be I had to start coloring it at the age of 27, now Iam mostly gary) blue eyes that keep getting turing grayer and grayer. Iam a mess. Sorry, but right at this moment I just feel like crying!! Iam going to see a hemotologist on Thursday. After that blood test Iam going to start taking methyl b12 under the tongue. I just cant take this anymore.
Thanks for everyones insite and for listening .

Cat
cat265 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote