View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cat,

I'm glad you will be taking methylcobalamin. You may need B12, and even if not, you may benefit from the extra methylcobalamin.

You could have an MCV like that and be low in iron and B12.

Abnormal heart function can be a result of deficiency of some of the B vitamins. A really good B complex (with the p-5-p B6 instead of pyridoxine), and the methylcobalamin at a different time of day is what I would do. Besides of course a good diet and possibly other carefully chosen supplements. If you do not eat fatty fish regularly, I would also take a good fish oil with extra DHA and EPA. I would also take a good digestive enzyme supplement with meals.

You sound like a very good candidate for autoimmune problems. B12 may be part of the solution, possibly even the solution, but I'm guessing more likely part. http://thyroid.about.com/mbiopage.htm

I hope you can get to the bottom of this and feel much better! I can relate, as my serious problems began in my 40s, and two of my kids were entering a life-threatening state in their 30s.

Had you taken any B vitamins before the later tests (even in a multi vitamin)? If so, what, what dose, and for how long?

Best wishes,

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote