Thread: how long
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
I was mis-diagnosed, and ignored - for probably 4-6 years, before I was properly Dx'd - in 1999-2000
I'm so sorry to read this!

I was upset when I failed to get proper treatment for a year... I felt it impacted my improvement - not in a good way.

But... see for me things changed a great deal when the holisitc M.D. I saw gave me the prescription for a shot a day for a year...

I so wish you could get a lot of B12 and see if it helped you equally... maybe "equally" is the worng word. But more than you have been helped so far, and more than you were hoping was possible.

I had absolutely no expectation that there was any way I could get rid of the PN in my thigh that was sooooo bad. But then after a few months of a shot a day, sometimes two... it was gone...

though... right this minute it's twinging because sometimes these forums can be a bit stressful.

The thing with taking enough sublinguals to match the amount of B12 I had, is that it would get pricey... to get as much from sublinguals, I think you'd have to take 6-12 of the 5mg Methylcobalamin sublinguals a day...

I did send that amount to a couple friends with Parkinson's for a couple months, and to one woman with Fibro... The fibro lady never said she got it... so I don't know if she experienced any good effects at all...

The Parkinson's people felt it helped a lot with clarity of thinking....

But then I had all the stress with my condo and I didn't continue sending it...