View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichelle View Post
Hi everyone -

I was just sent over here from an MS site that I am a part of. I have just been through nine months (or more) of hell from having a misdiagnosed B12 deficiency. I spent my vacation in July in a wheelchair due to debilitating fatigue, pain, vertigo, and weakness. I almost quit working due to extreme fatigue and cognitive problems.

I was on a DMD and tons of medication for symptoms. I ended up fed up with side effects of drugs and was getting much worse very quickly. I went to alternate treatments such as nutrients under the care of my cousin (an intern at Pacific School of Oriental Medicine).

As soon as I introduced Brewer's Yeast into my diet all my symptoms improved dramatically. I also started taking other nutrient supplements as well. Depression totally lifted, energy came back like never before, cognitive fogginess lifted, pain went away, and numbness/tingling/burning/buzzing sensations have improved dramatically.

I think I caught this early. My PCP did one B12 test and called it normal. My neuro did not bother, and looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about nutrition.

I read Rose's information, and it looks like something similar happened to her. I am with her on wanting to get the word out on B12 deficiency and the damage it can do.

I was just trying to get over reeling from my MS diagnosis and now I am reeling from finding out it was most likely not correct. Please bear with me.

I just got goosebumps reading your post. It was the part about depression totally lifting that made me react that way.

I'm so glad you described some of what you experienced.

I was put on antidepressants (which had pretty horrible side affects for me) for such a long time, and I had to beg for B12... But when I finally got enough B12, the depression lifted for me, too.

((((((((((CMichelle)))))))))))))

Thank you for writing.