View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Blackpanther and welcome to NeuroTalk. If nothing else, talking to the people who share your diagnosis is comforting. I have fibromyalgia and chronic myofascia pain. I used to think that the fibro was worse. Well, fibro flares are really nasty. But the myosfascia pain with me is chronic.

When I'm at the doctor for whatever reason, and they touch something and say "Does this hurt?" I always say yes. Because, it hurts anywhere to be touched pretty much!

I understand your pain and so will the others in the forums you've been linked to. I think a combination of therapies is helpful.

One of my favorite is epsom salt baths. A good sized cup of salts in a hot bath and soak for 10-15 minutes. I also go to a very good massage therapist, but I feel she would be more beneficial if I could afford to go on a weekly basis.

I can't answer all of your questions but I am one who works full time and have for 21 years. After 21 years, normal people have tons of sick leave built up. Not me. I use it nearly as fast as I get it. Work is no picnic but then I have a couple other problems going on, mostly with my back and tailbone.

My family is very supportive and understanding, but I gave them printouts of information about the FMS and CMPS. The more your family and friends know, the better they understand.

When people see people like you and me, they can't figure out "Well, what in the world is your problem? You look fine to me!" I try to educate those who know me so they'll understand.

I have to wonder if you might have fibro as well. Were you checked for that? CMP often goes hand in hand with fibro.

Oh, and most fibro people can attest to having nonrestorative sleep. I have to take sleeping meds or I would never sleep. Plus, I have sleep apnea, which I just found out this year, and use a CPAP for that. It's not fun to wear the contraptions at night, but after awhile it does help.

You're at a wonderful place here. Everyone is very caring and supportive.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote