View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh ewizabeth, I'm so sorry. Such a tough disease to live with.

You have RRMS? Try to remember that this too shall pass. I don't know what your history is but chances are that if you're RRMS at least some of your current symptoms will decrease and you will feel better.

You must rest and try not to get too upset. It is so important to not add more to your already overstressed body and mind. You already have a full plate with school and I know this kink in your plans isn't helping. But please keep in mind that this is probably the worst of it right now and you will probably begin to improve again.

Do you have some one that can be your advocate with the school disabilities office? I know that when I'm feeling sick, I'm in the worst possible position to feel strong and to stand up for myself. If you have a friend or family member that could do some of the 'talking' for you, it might help. You deserve any accommodations and you are entitled to them. If talking to the office yourself is something that you don't feel like doing, either do it by writing or have someone do it for you. Whatever gets you what you need. Zanaflex is another option for spasticity too if baclofen isn't helping.

Rest up and take care of yourself, okay?

Last edited by wannabe; 09-25-2006 at 10:50 PM. Reason: add info about zanaflex
wannabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote